NYE AND NY DAY HOURS FOR LOCAL EATERIES
Riverside: Open Christmas Eve (walk ins only, so show up early!). Open Christmas Day, reservations encouraged. Menu not yet available. Address: 1108 E Marina Dr, Hood River, OR 97031. Phone: (541) 386-4410
3 Rivers Grill: Open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Reservations recommended. No menu available yet. Address: 601 Oak St, Hood River, OR 97031. Phone: (541) 386-8883
- Hand Packed Albacore Tuna, USA Caught & Canned from Fish People Seafood. $85. FREE Shipping. Buy online or in person. 13 Oak Street, Hood River, OR 97031
- A nifty hat from Grateful Vineyard. (Closed December 23rd-26th). Buy in person at 6670 Trout Creek Ridge Rd., Mount Hood, Oregon.
- A gift basket from Pine Street Bakery, such as the cookie basket ($42). Call ahead for availability. See menu below for all gift basket options. 1103 12th St, Hood River.
Phone: (541) 386-1719.
- A gift basket from Red Thread and Co., 114 3rd St, Hood River, OR. Pick from a morning tea or chai tea (made in Portland), a handmade ceramic cup, a gold or silver spoon and a piece of rose quartz to give you good energy! $49
- House-made hot honey from Solstice. Order online and pickup in person 501 Portway Ave, Hood River.
- This gorgeous "shaggy mane" from Mary Brossman at shopthewilder.com. The 7x6.5 Gouache is on wood and can be ordered online or picked up in person at the Thunder Island last-minute pop-up shop from 5-8 on Wednesday. 601 NW Wa Na Pa St., Cascade Locks, OR
- Pomegranate drink mixers, from Hood River Stationers. $12. Purchase in person. Open 10-6 Sun - Sat. 213 Oak St, Hood River, OR.
- A bag of Moby coffee, such as the Moby holiday blend, a Mexican coffee with notes of toffee, caramel, cinnamon and milk chocolate: $13. Available at the stand (1540 Osprey Dr, Hood River, OR) or at the roastery in Parkdale (7259 2nd Street Parkdale, OR 97041).
- A gift box of beers from Pfriem, such as this "Brewmaster's Selection." $83.88. Order online or in person (707 Portway Ave #101, Hood River, OR).
- For the bourbon-lover in your life, HRD recently released Trail’s End 10, a 10-year Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey finished in Oregon Garry Oak casks. Swing by the Hood River Distillers Tasting Room on Oak St. to purchase in person (304 Oak St Suite #3, Hood River, OR 97031, $59.95). You can also turn it into a custom gift box with swag while you sip on a mini cocktail!
- For the cider-lover in your life, try the 12 Days of Christmas hard cider advent calendar from Crush Cider Cafe (1020 Wasco St, Hood River, OR). The ship-ready box comes with 12 pint-size cans of craft cider. Buy online and pickup in person. Or call ahead and pickup in person. $75
- I know, I know. We already featured something from The Darling Boutique, but we really love this Hood River coffee cup, too. Available in-store (104 Oak St.). $35
- A Dog River Coffee mug, made by local pottery maker Some Girl Pottery. Pick up in person at Dog River Coffee 401 Oak St. Order and pay online ahead of time, if you'd like. Link to buy. $32
- Nature mugs from The Darling Boutique (104 Oak St.). Available in-store. $14 each.
- A gift basket from Volcanic Bottle Shoppe (1410 12th St.). Think: 6 beers, 2 bags of snack nuts, a pint glass, and a sticker, all packed up nicely in a box for you. All you have to do is pick it up! The beer lover in your life will love it! Order and pickup in person at Volcanic. $50.
- Beer/cider tokens from Working Hands Fermentation. The perfect stocking stuffer. Each token gets your giftee a beverage of their choice. Buy one. Buy 10. Buy one for everyone in the office. Each token is $6. Available for purchase in person at Working Hands (1021 12th St. Suite 102.)
- A nifty Full Sail Hat and a six-pack from Full Sail Brewing. Available in-person at the Full Sail taproom (506 Columbia St.). $20 for the hat. Six-pack prices vary. Note that Full Sail will be closed December 20- December 29.
- "Dave’s Favorites Gift Box," a box full of locally-made jams from Oregon Growers. Think: Cherry Zinfandel, Boysenberry, Strawberry Pinot, Marionberry, Apple Butter and Apricot. Available for shipping anywhere in the US. $46.95 plus shipping. Only available online.
- Get your fish on at Slopewell/Working Hands next Friday, December 10. No tickets necessary. Bring $$$ for beer and seafood. FishPeople will be bringing the food for a pop-up event. On the menu: cioppino, clam chowder, smoked salmon dip, and oysters on the shell. Doors open at 5 p.m. Address: 1021 12th St., Hood River.
- Nosh on a six-course, food and wine dinner at Skamania Lodge. The meal will be prepared by three French master chefs and feature PNW food and wine (Syncline and Domain Pouillon, for example). Tickets are a little spendy ($300), but all ticket sales go to the Blanchet House, which Skamania describes as "a nonprofit organization in Portland providing meals, clothing, and life-saving shelter programs to people in need." Email email@example.com for tickets.
- Enjoy a 5-course tasting menu by PESCO at the Elks Lodge on December 17 at 5:30 p.m. The menu will feature foods from Florence, Italy made by Elizabeth Pesco, owner of PESCO -- an Italian food truck set to open in Hood River later this winter. Tickets are $45 for Elks members and $50 for non-Elks members. Location: Hood River Elks Lodge #1507, 304 Cascade Ave., Hood River. Tickets required. Purchase online here.
- Join Mt. Hood Meadows for a NYE buffet. Choose from two seating times (6 p.m. or 8 p.m.). The menu includes everything from charcuterie to maple-pecan baked salmon. View the menu online and purchase tickets here. Beer from Pfriem will be available.
- Savor a 4-course dinner with beer pairings at The Baldwin Saloon this Saturday, December 3 at 6:30 p.m. The dinner will be a collaboration between Working Hands and the Baldwin Saloon. Think Working Hands Beer Braised Beef Short Rib—parsnip and celery root puree, slow-cooked baby carrots, chocolate and veal demi—paired with a Baltic Porter. Location: 205 Court St, The Dalles. Tickets required, buy online here. Make sure to scroll down and select the Working Hands Brewers Dinner--they have a few other events listed on that page, too. $85/person.